#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Saturday, July 17, 2010

PIECE OF CAKE

Inspired by something I saw at a baby shower a few weeks ago, I embarked on a new project...a nappy cake. I had my best pal, Olivia's, baby shower coming up and what a perfect opportunity to have a go at creating one.
1. Roll up nappies into sausages and bundle together in groups with rubber bands.

2. Create a circular bottom tier around a bottle of baby lotion.

3. Build a second tier. Fasten with string to keep nappies tight.

4. Create a final tier.

5. To create rose embellishments for the cake, I used baby socks. Start by rolling from the toe...

6. ...and secure by turning the end over. I finsished these ones off with pale greem ribbon bows.

7. Voila! Decorate with pretty pastel ribbon and a baby washer to fluff up the top. Good enough to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...