#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tweet towel

Weekends are always so busy aren't they? However, I did find some inspiration whilst out yesterday and ended up creating this embellished tea towel.

Whilst in Spotlight (looking for something completely different...that place is lethal!), I spotted a bargain bin full of tea towels priced at $1 each. So I bought an assortment and started thinking of what I could dress them up with out of some scrap fabric pieces.

I cut out a design of a sweet little birdy in some pretty material I had saved.

I then gave her a bit of razzle dazzle and personality.

After ironing the bird and the tea towel flat, I then pinned her into position and got to sewing. I did hand sew her as I was worried about the edges of the material fraying and hemming her would be too fiddly for such a project. However, after looking at some of my own towels and others like it on Etsy, I will definitely machine sew the next ones. The slight fraying, that inevitably occurs, adds to the character of the design.

And voila! One cute little addition to any cottage kitchen!
xx
P.S. Will post the other towels soon. I have some eiffel towers and owls under construction...

1 comment:

  1. Super sweet! Love those colours, great work! I am looking forward to seeing your other designs! X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...