#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Forget-Me-Nots

It is the end of term and I need to give my amazing parent helpers a gift to say thank you for all of their hard work. I like to try and think of something original, that won't also break the bank...considering that I have fourteen gifts to hand out! This term I made fridge magnets, for all of those important notices from school or family pictures. I made the magnets out of wooden clothes pegs bought from the supermarket.

I painted the pegs white, pale green and pale pink. Once the paint was dry, I stamped one side of the pegs with a french script in black ink. I then glued small magnets on the reverse side. I covered white card with a champagne patterned paper and cut into strips for the pegs to grip.
I made tags from visiting cards found for a total steal at the newsagent, hole punched the top, stamped with this chandelier design and thread through white ribbon.

Voila! With a cherry ripe tucked in the back, the pegs really do make a sweet little thank you package. I made extra packs as these would be great to have on hand as little gifts for all sorts of occasions.





2 comments:

  1. ~DIVINE~ beautiful work!!!! careful..... collecting those gorgeous stamps is addictive!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too clever! They are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...