#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Sunday, June 12, 2011

For tired eyes...

My overseas trip is on the horizon and the inventory of necessities is being created. I don't know about you, but I can't sleep on a plane or in a hotel room unless it is really dark. Not always possible...so today I made my own eye masks to help solve a potential problem.


I chose some pretty fabric of course and I had some satin quilting leftover from another project. I freehanded my own pattern and cut out the pieces needed.


I also added some lace for a bit of trimming.


Everything was then secured - right sides together - and the lace needed to be tucked inwards. The elastic to go around the head is also tucked in there somewhere and pinned to each side.


Once sewn and turned inside out, I finished off the mask with some zigzag stitch.


I made two - one for me and one for the gal pal I will be galavanting with. I allowed the lace on mine to be more exposed and frillier and hers a little less so. A lover of all things girly, my friend is perhaps a little more streamlined and sophisticated, so I tucked the lace in a little further. I also chose the swallows for my friend as she is a flight attendant and flutters around the globe constantly...what a life!


And when we return from our trip, the eyes masks are pretty enough to keep on a bedside...


...or bedpost.


It is late, so I am off to rest my tired eyes now. Sweet dreams.
xx

9 comments:

  1. I love your little eye shades. Much prettier than the ones you get on the airplane! You will have such a lovely time. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these!!!!
    Gorgeous fabrics & so simple!!'
    Inspiration lovely gal!!
    Thankyou sweet ....M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet!! You and your mate are going to be the belles on the plane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I LOVE these Jacqueline - they almost make flying fun! You'd be well served to carry an order book with you on your travels ... These have got 'hit' written all over them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline..these are very pretty, too pretty in fact, to put away in a drawer when you're not using them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just so cute and I love the fabric. You might have just started a new business venture! Hope you enjoy your trip.
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So super cute! I can just imagine you snoozing in style on your trip! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing! I absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jackie GIRL!! for your beautiful visit and comment you left me on your way home :)
    It is so much fun to create and recycle waht you create!!

    I will be excited to see all the you are inspired with, so get busy and start creating :))

    Thank you again your comment really means alot to me!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...