#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shabby schoolyard style

I have noticed around the town, people carrying their laptops in fabric bags - all types of bags! Pyjama bags, shoe bags, recycled shopping bags, etc, etc. It seems that the padded satchel just isn't always that appropriate...or stylish. It got me thinking that there could be a market for a prettier version of these...


I stitched one together for my workmate and fellow blogger Mrs Tiff - of Mrs Tiff Living Creatively fame. I really wanted to give her something that would show how much I have appreciate her support and encouragment. She was the one who introduced me to blogger after all...and she landed the job of being my report proofreading buddy (poor Tiff!).


I know that Mrs Tiff loves fabric yo-yos, so I just had to embellish it with a few. I matched the yo-yo fabric with a ruffled bag that I knew she had made for herself. The checkered fabric is vintage and I picked the apricot roses up from a fabulous shop of treasures - Retallack's Creative Sewing in Port Macquarie.


If your laptop did need to be packed away for safe keeping in its proper satchel...the sack could always be used to house important documents and letters.


The same week that I gifted the laptop sack to Mrs Tiff, she handed my reports back to me in a plastic sleeve. It wasn't until I got home to make the ammendments, that I found she had inserted a gorgeous and mysterious little parcel inside...almost too pretty to open!


However, when I did, what a heavenly surprise! A lanyard to hold my classroom keys and whistle. I just love, love, love it and feel so special every time I put it on and waltz out into the playground.


I love placing it on my desk when I'm not using it, somewhere in clear view, as it puts a smile on my face. Takes me briefly to another place of whimsy, birdcages, cotton tape, amazing blogs and creativity! Thank you so much Tiff.
xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jac, I just love my new lap top pouch, it is so gorgeous! Thank you once again! I am delighted each time I get my laptop out! Those yoyo flowers are just so beautiful! I am so glad you like your lanyard too, loads of 'pretty' in the workplace has got to be a good thing!!!
    It is so wonderful to have a blogging buddy so close by! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meat to say how much I LOVE your new header! Gorgeous picture, so perfect with the shabby blue roses! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be MEANT to say rather than meat! You can tell it is late .....and I have had five children in my house this weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you two have exchanged gifts and encouraged one another with your teaching..beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable holder that is!! It's too precious! You are so creative and your blog is gorgeous! Thank you also for such sweet comments about my Minis! I'm off to catch up on your other posts!

    Hugs, Cynthia xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Jac, I think we should be putting in some orders for all these pretty things for our computers and lanyards for our keys!!!
    J xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gifts you exchanged with each other are very sweet and useful to each other. How nice to have blogging buddies to chat with each day! Love the blog background of blue and white flowers...so cheerful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both so gorgeous and I'm thinking that they would be great sellers in Tiff's Etsy store.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...