#header-inner { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;}
-->

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Off to market...

An overcast and cloudy day today provided good enough reason to hop on the machine and tick some more projects off the list. I have seen so many market tote projects in blog land and they are something I have always wanted to have a go at.


First step was to cut a piece of fabric for the main case. I used one long piece that I would only have to sew up the sides. I also chose a piece of coordinating material for a decorative trim.


I fixed the trim first and used a zigzag stitch as a cute feature.


I cut long strips for the handles...


...and attached them to each side.


Every market bag needs a little dressing up before leaving the house...


And here she is, ready to step out!


I really enjoyed creating this little gem as it was so easy and a great way to use up some excess pieces of material - not to mention great for the environment. I had a friend in mind whilst making this bag who loves to scout out local markets and I can't wait to pass it on to a good home. I'm now busting to make some more!

Happy shopping xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...